3/23/09

A "new" plan. Old ideas.

After much criticism to the Paulson's plan and the need to bring change with new ideas, the Obama administration’s bank rescue plan is no big change.

Tim Geithner, the Treasury secretary, has persuaded President Obama to recycle Bush administration policy — specifically, the “cash for trash” plan proposed, then abandoned, six months ago by then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

Bottom line. The more things change, the more they stay the same. The good news is that the market reacted favorably to the news. Time to make money, as I told my subscribers on 3/12.

I will be happy to speak to your investment group on how the business cycle impacts investment strategies and the choice of asset classes.

To find out more about my in depth view of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/. You can review The Peter Dag Portfolio, free of charge of course. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific money management needs.

George Dagnino, PhD

No comments: