7/17/09

More of the same

News. BOSTON (AP) - Boston Mayor Tom Menino says the city is willing to offer a $200,000 loan to prevent the city's financially struggling African-American weekly newspaper from shutting down permanently.

Menino tells The Boston Globe that the loan will come from the Boston Local Development Corp., a private nonprofit administered by the Boston Redevelopment Authority that provides cash to struggling small businesses.

My point. This way of thinking about housing was one of the major causes of the problems we are facing. When will we stop "helping" and drive the poor into a bigger financial hole? Why not a tax holiday? Why increase their debt load? I just do not understand this way of thinking.

To find out more about my in depth view of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can review The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific money management needs.

I will be happy to speak to your investment group on how the business cycle impacts investment strategies and the choice of asset classes.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, since 1977

No comments: