7/2/09

Business cycles and investment strategies

The behavior of business cycle indicators and asset classes pricing seem to be closely linked. This is what I have discussed at length in my book Profiting in Bull or Bear Markets and in my publication The Peter Dag Portfolio:

1. Declines in stock market prices are followed by
2. A weak economy, which is followed by
3. Lower commodities, which are followed by
4. Lower high-grade bond yields (and higher bond prices), which are followed by .....

If the market continues to decline, we should expect the above sequence of events to unfold.

To find out more about my in depth view of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can review The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific money management needs.

I will be happy to speak to your investment group on how the business cycle impacts investment strategies and the choice of asset classes.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, since 1977

No comments: