7/3/09

I might have missed it

I just spent (again) a lot of money to fix a small engine "gummed up" by gas containing ethanol. Of course, the government provides incentives (read: guaranteed profits) to companies to produce it. The money we "save" on energy has to be given to a mechanic to compensate for the poor quality of gas we produce. Am I coming ahead? I do not know. I let you judge.

Another thought. The administration is talking about bailing out banks, healthcare, auto industry, consumers,....

I do not hear about giving business incentives to increase productive investments to re-gain our lost competitiveness and to encourage hiring. Am I missing something?

To find out more about my in depth view of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can review The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific money management needs.

I will be happy to speak to your investment group on how the business cycle impacts investment strategies and the choice of asset classes.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, since 1977

No comments: