2/10/11

My best investment

The US unemployment rate will not return to pre-financial crisis levels for "several years", Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke has said.

Education. When I did not know what to do, when I was confused, uncertain -- when I was young, in other words -- I kept studying, studying, studying.

In my life I never had a problem finding a job. teaching, working for large companies, managing money, owning a business, teaching tennis.

I still do. I try to learn and keep abreast of what is happening. It is not because I am smart. But because it is the only way to keep young and to survive.

Now, for instance, I am working on learning how to develop short seminars to post on my website. It is a challenge. But I will do it. Do I need to do it? No. But I will learn something new from smart people. It will give me a way to share my knowledge about investing and management with other people. It will keep my adrenaline moving, if you know what I mean.

Why do I say this? Because without a strong commitment to personal education, people will always find problems in finding a job. Do not sit on your hands. Do something. Act. Study. Learn. You are never too old. You do not need to be "smart" to learn. Try to be the best in what you like. Your passion. As the Taoists say: when in doubt, do something.

Bernanke cannot create jobs by printing money. It is just plainly ludicrous to even think about it!
 

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio. Since 1977
Ranked second best gold timer by Timer Digest

To find out more about my in depth views of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can subscribe to The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific investment portfolio.

Disclaimer.The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site.

No comments: