10/31/10

Is this the way it was supposed to be?

The healthcare bill was supposed to cut costs. Really?

My healthcare insurance premium jumped 30%. My friends experienced the same increase.

Listening to all the rhetoric coming from Washington, the new bill was supposed to cut costs. Did I miss something?

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio. Since 1977
Ranked best market timer in the 12 and 6 months ending 8/20/10 by Timer Digest

To find out more about my in depth views of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can subscribe to The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific investment portfolio.

Disclaimer.The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughtful articles on the web attribute about 1% of the 8% to 18% rise in health care insurance premiums to Obamacare. Health insurers need to present their case for premium increases to state regulators, so their justifications become public information:

"Health care premiums to rise, but 'Obamacare' is only one small reason"
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2010/10/health_care_premiums_to_rise_b.html

www.peterdag.com said...

I hope what is happening to premiums will be corrected, as you imply.

I am just reporting some anecdotal evidence.

George