5/21/10

About financial risk

I love to find new indicators. I work very hard to find them. This is what I really enjoy and keeps me moving.

The enclosed chart, for instance, shows what I call financial risk (click on the chart to enlarge it). I check it daily, I am unable to tell you how I compute it but what I can say is that every time this gauge rises the markets, after a few days, declines. When risk declines the equity market rises.

I show this indicator in each issue of The Peter dag Portfolio, which I edit since 1977.

One more note for the option traders. A rise or decline in financial risk is accompanied by rising or declining volatility.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio. Since 1977
Ranked Top Market Timer in 2009 and 2010 by Timer Digest

To find out more about my in depth views of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can subscribe to The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific investment portfolio.

Disclaimer. No material here constitutes "investment advice" nor is it a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site are your sole responsibility.

No comments: