8/7/09

I am baffled

I am going through the world news on Google. Most of them are about Asia, Middle East, South America, and yes, UK.

Europe is 30% of the world economy. Not one word about what is happening in Germany, France,....Why don't we care? We like to make fun of them. But that's where our interest ends. We like to read about Australia (with a population of 21,007,310 -- one fourth of that of Germany) and New Zealand (smaller than Switzerland). Probably because we understand them when they speak, in spite of their accent.

Can we be global players with this narrow focus? Why do I worry about it? Because I hate to see this country missing the chance of leading the world because its citizens do not care about it.

To find out more about my in depth view of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can review The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific money management needs.

I will be happy to speak to your investment group on how the business cycle impacts investment strategies and the choice of asset classes.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, since 1977

No comments: