8/4/09

I am amazed

News. Car sales in the US were sharply up – by about 16 per cent – last month compared with June thanks to demand generated by car scrappage incentives.

My point. How can we really believe that this incentive program is a good thing? Here we go again stealing sales from the future. Once the program ends, auto sales will drop. The increase in sales will look like a small blip in a long-term chart.

To find out more about my in depth view of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can review The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific money management needs.

I will be happy to speak to your investment group on how the business cycle impacts investment strategies and the choice of asset classes.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, since 1977


No comments: