1/15/08

This is what really bothers me

Are we missing the boat? Do we really think that what we are facing is just the sub-prime debacle caused by the sagging housing sector?

Or is it the beginning of the implosion of the leveraged derivatives complex?

What if the unwinding of credit wipes out not only the housing sector (that is just the appetizer), but our savings and the value of all other assets?

Why? Because investors will be forced to liquidate their holdings to repay their debt obligations.

Does it sound scary? What if, let me just repeat, what if this is going to happen? What is your strategy?

This is exactly what is going on in my brain right now. What is my strategy? How can I protect my assets from the general collapse of "value"?

Just think about it. What is going on out there is simply scary. Markets that gyrates more than 2% in just one day around the globe. I have never seen anything like it.

The markets are scared because they do not know what they do not know and might happen next. And what they do not know might be something big.

More on http://www.peterdag.com/.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio
Since 1977

No comments: