1/22/08

The markets always win

The Fed should not lower interest rates, but they will (see blog below).

I always maintained that markets move together, and they are -- from China to Sydney, to Paris, to New York. When you buy foreign markets you buy volatility. I have been saying this over and over again in my talks.

Commodities move together. The commodity complex is going down from copper, to zinc, to gold, to wheat. It is ridiculous to think that interest rates decline and commodities will not. I show the evidence in my talks and in The Peter Dag Portfolio. See also my presentations posted on the home page at https://www.peterdag.com/.

The American business slowdown will be accompanied by a global slowdown as documented in The Peter Dag Portfolio. The global business cycle is and will continue to be perfectly synchronized.

The central banks are irrelevant. The markets are forcing their hands in a major way.

The conventional wisdom is being proven dead wrong.

The business cycle is alive and well. The markets are behaving exactly as they should.

More on https://www.peterdag.com/.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio
Since 1977

No comments: