I am having fun. I am very lucky. I love what I am doing. I like the challenge. I like the frustrations. Being wrong. Being right. The psychological effort to bounce out of bad moments gets the adrenaline flowing.
As when I was playing tennis. The opponent was getting ahead. What was I doing wrong? Should I change strategy. How? Slowly I was winning more points than losing them. Great! Keep doing the same thing.
I get the same feeling in my job. My brain has to keep working and be challenged. Lou has now started a blog for me and showed me how to keep it updated. It is really exciting. More on peterdag.blogspot.com.
As I go through my research and readings, it is not unusual I react to the news and to what analysts are saying. I always have the need to share with someone what I think. But I had to keep it for myself.
Now I have a venue. An outlet. My blog. This is where you can find my off-the-cuff reactions to what is happening. Or interesting news. Some examples.
• Are energy stocks close to a buy point? This is a reaction to watching some eye opening charts.
• Are commodity prices controlled by cartels? I did not agree with a Financial Times article.
• Is the market trying to prove all those bears wrong about the economy? The market is too strong to expect a recession.
• How is the housing market impacting the start of new businesses? A unique point of view.
• Do I like the Chinese stock market? Yes, of course. But there is something making me feel uncomfortable. What is the outlook for China?
• The UK central bank keeps tightening. It is a pattern quite common in the global space.
• The dollar is strong, as I predicted. What does it mean? What are the implications?
I hope you will find my comments on peterdag.blogspot.com helpful and interesting.
(This Observations appeared in the 1-22-2007 issue of The Peter Dag Portfolio ).
George Dagnino, PhD Editor,
The Peter Dag Portfolio.
2009 Market Timer of the Year by Timer Digest
Disclaimer.The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site are your sole responsibility.
STRATEGIC INVESTING FOR UNCERTAIN TIMES.
Learn how to manage your portfolio risk and sleep comfortably. Improve the certainty of returns by taking advantage of business cycle trends. Learn to use simple hedging strategies to minimize the volatility of your portfolio and protect it from downside losses.
You will receive your user id to access 4 FREE issues – and all the previous ones - of The Peter Dag Portfolio. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. New subscribers, please.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @GEORGEDAGNINO FOR MY LATEST VIEWS.