3/23/12

Thought of the day

I read extensive studies from different sources and political tendencies about income inequality.

The quality of the analysis and the amount of information is really overwhelming. After reading all these scholarly papers I asked myself what were they really trying to say? What was the point? What was the message?

It is so simple and it took so many words! Income inequality, ladies and gentlemen, depends on education. Yes, on education.

Job availability, salary, status, unemployment rate depends exclusively on education.

When I was young I did not know what to do. And I kept studying. I exhausted the degrees in Italy. So, I came to the United Sates. And I kept studying difficult subjects in a language I did not speak and understand. Eventually I exhausted the degrees I could take.

Here I was in the real world. I still was not sure what I liked in this foreign land. But my education kept me floating. I was in demand. Slowly I found out what I liked and applied what I studied. My brain was trained to think.

But the bottom line is that I survived. I always had a job. Why? Because I had a solid education.

When will the nation focus on this simple concept? The only way to reduce income inequality is to have an educated nation!

More details? Take advantage of a 2-MONTH FREE SUBCRIPTION to The Peter Dag Portfolio - 8 issues. Just send us an email to info@peterdag.com with your name requesting your free subscription. You will receive by email your user id and password to access our service at www.peterdag.com. NEW SUBSCRIBERS PLEASE.

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio. Since 1977
2009 Market Timer of the Year by Timer Digest

Disclaimer.The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site are your sole responsibility.

No comments: