12/11/11

Observations

It is very interesting to think about how the mind works, how we assemble our thoughts -- seemingly out of nothing.

Take, for instance, dreams. For several years I have been dreaming of a wide body passenger multi-jet plane. It was landing in very narrow streets. The plane was landing on crowded steep hills and taking off from the same streets.

Electrical wires were overhanging the busy streets. Tramways or busses use the same wires in New Orleans or some European cities. The airplane, somehow managed to stay below this network of power lines.

One time the airplane stopped in front of a white arch full of roses and geraniums on a cliff overlooking a spectacularly blue ocean. A very Mediterranean setting.

One day I understood the dream. The little narrow streets are the alleys in a neighborhood of Genova (Italy) were I was born. The area is called “carrugi”, close to downtown. These streets are just a few feet wide and are full of any type of stores and shops. Very unique.

The arch is located on the island of Ischia, a marvelous place close to the more famous island of Capri. The village of Castel Sant’ Angelo is an immaculate location on the sea.

My grandfather was a tramway conductor. One day he stopped the tram in the middle of the street to hug me as I was leaving the railroad station. I just arrived from Rome for my annual visit to my grandparents.

The airplane was, of course, related to my father who was a captain of Alitalia airlines. He lived a risky life as he participated from the ground up in the evolution of civil aeronautics since the late 1940s.

Now that I solved the puzzle, and it took me several years to do so, my mind seems to be satisfied with the explanation. My dream is now dead and hiding somewhere, peacefully at rest.

(This Observations appeared in the 11/25/02 of The Peter Dag Portfolio).

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio. Since 1977
2009 Market Timer of the Year by Timer Digest

To find out more about my in depth views of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can subscribe to The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific investment portfolio.

Disclaimer.The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site are your sole responsibility.

No comments: