11/13/11

Observations

The gentleman across the conference table was surprised when I told him I collect and analyze all the data shown in The Peter Dag Portfolio.

The process of publishing this service starts on Saturday morning. I copy the data and enter them in a database. I need to handle the data to get a better feeling of what is happening. On Sunday I review hundreds of charts. My mental setting is as open as possible -- tabula rasa, as the Latins used to say. At the end of this phase some patterns become important, and I take notes about their implications.

From Monday to Thursday I write and re-rewrite the content. My wife edits every version of The Peter Dag Portfolio. She is Swiss and she has a much better control of the structure of the English language than I do.

On Friday morning the 4-page version of this advisory goes to the printer. By Saturday or Sunday the Internet version (about 20 pages) is finalized and posted on the website www.peterdag.com.

I have been following this process faithfully for almost 30 years. I must confess I am still committed to making this service a bit better and more comprehensive each time I write it. In the process I am having a lot of fun!

(This Observations appeared in the 10/28/2002 issue of The Peter Dag Portfolio).

George Dagnino, PhD
Editor, The Peter Dag Portfolio. Since 1977
2009 Market Timer of the Year by Timer Digest

To find out more about my in depth views of the markets and my strategy just visit our website https://www.peterdag.com/ where you can subscribe to The Peter Dag Portfolio. You can also call me at 1-800-833-2782 to discuss your specific investment portfolio.
Disclaimer.The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site are your sole responsibility.

No comments: